Terms of reference
National Commission for Lebanese Women (NCLW)
Supported by the
Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ)
Brief about NCLW
The National Commission for Lebanese Women is an official body, which was established in 1998 by law 720, and is directly affiliated to the presidency of the Council of ministers.
As a National Women Machinery, NCLW works on enhancing the status of women and ensuring equal opportunities between men and women. NCLW acts as the consultative body of the government and of national councils and institutions on all issues related to the status of women including gender-based issues.
Brief about the GIZ LEAD Programme
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) on behalf of the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) implements the programme “Strengthening Women in Decision-Making in the Middle East” (LEAD) in Jordan, the Palestinian Territories and Lebanon. In collaboration with local partners, the programme aims at strengthening women’s political participation in decision-making in selected communities through: individual trainings and community project funds; promoting a gender-sensitive environment in local governance and public administration; strengthening gender platforms and networks.
- General information
|Job title||Project manager|
|Project||Strengthening women’s political participation at the local and national levels in Lebanon|
|Duty station||NCLW’s offices and on the field whenever needed during work days )even during week ends(|
|Reports to||Project steering committee|
|Duration of the contract||From February 1st, 2017 till 30 April 2018|
The National Commission for Lebanese women (NCLW) supported by the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) launched a project titled: “Strengthening women’s political participation at the local and national levels in Lebanon”. The primary aim of the project is to strengthen an effective political participation of women at the local and national level and gender mainstreaming in the public administrations.
The planned activities aim to encourage women to engage stronger in politics, as active citizens, and develop their capacities when reaching high decision-making positions on the local and national levels. Besides that, NCLW will be coordinating a coalition of civil society organizations in order to advocate for the enhancement of women’s participation in decision making positions. The political participation component includes also the production of studies and researches concerning both women’s and men’s involvement in the municipal councils.
The second component of the project aims at conducting participatory gender assessment in various local institutions and the Ministry of Education. Trainings will be conducted at this ministry targeting the gender unit that was created in 2013 with the mission of mainstreaming gender.
The third component of the project aims at building knowledge and creating awareness on the 1325 UN SC resolution, as well as supporting the national action plan (which will be developed by NCLW in 2017) through activities to be implemented in the different regions.
The project manager will work in close collaboration with the project steering committee, The NCLW General Secretary and treasurer for the implementation of the project activities. The project manager will specifically carry out the following tasks:
- Prepare a detailed work plan with a timeline to be submitted to the steering committee for approval
- Ensure timely and efficient implementation of the project planned activities
- Provide guidance and advise in the course of the project implementation to the project steering committee
- Draft terms of reference (TORs) for the consultants/ experts and project staff
- Ensure regular and proper follow up with the consultants/ experts, organizations institutions and project’s team when implementing the planned activities
Monitoring and evaluation
- Assist in identifying bottlenecks in the implementation of the planned activities
- Advise the project steering committee of any shortfall and propose recommendations when needed
- Undertake regular field visits to ensure proper and efficient implementation of the project activities
- Produce progress reports (financial and narrative) as needed quarterly and yearly with clear indicators as per NCLW and GIZ requirements and submit them to the project steering committee
- Prepare and participate in the meetings of the project steering committee
- Present an overview of the personnel working on the project and their respective roles to the project steering committee
- Provide overall supervision of the work of staff working under this project to ensure the production of the expected outputs
- Review implementing partners reports and suggest modifications to planned activities accordingly
- Ensure that funds are disbursed in accordance with the project budget
- Ensure that all financial operations are transparent and are coherent with the financial requirements of NCLW and GIZ
- Keep financial reports and supporting documents in both soft and hard copies and make them available to NCLW and GIZ upon request and at the end of the project
- Ensure monitoring, evaluating and documenting the work progress
Coordination and communication
- Ensure continuous coordination with the steering committee on project implementation
- Ensure continuous flow of information to the steering committee
- Ensure continuous coordination and guidance with the project staff and experts/ consultants
- Liaise with NCLW and GIZ partners including public institutions and civil society organizations to maximize the efficiency and the visibility of the project
- Liaise with local and national CSOs and public administrations for the implementation of the project
- Contribute to the documentation of the projects outputs
- Ensure the correct use of the NCLW and GIZ communication and publication guidelines for all relevant content and materials.
- Review all relevant publications and studies and ensure their edition and dissemination
- Provide needed information and input of different implemented activities to NCLW and GIZ team to be used in their different means of communication
- Provide the needed technical support to the project staff, consultants and experts
- Undertake other tasks as deemed necessary and in consultation with the steering committee
- Master’s degree in social sciences, administrative studies or related fields with considerable knowledge in human rights, gender issues and development (especially local governance issues).
- Minimum 5 years of experience in project management and monitoring and evaluation
- At least 3 years’ experience in quantitative and qualitative research
- Familiarity with governmental and non-governmental entities in Lebanon
- Excellent time management skills with a demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines
- Strong analytical and communication skills, high sensitivity in working with relevant actors at local and national levels, good advisory competence
- Team player willing to work with a team and develop their leadership skills
- Fluency in both Arabic and English (French and/or German are a plus)
- Strong writing skills
- Excellent computer skills in various applications including word processing, database, power point and internet
- Ability to undertake regular visits to field.
Interested candidates who meet the above qualifications should apply by providing an updated CV detailing work experience that is relevant to the vacancy requirements as indicated in the TORs
Please indicate the following title under subject when submitting applications: Project MANAGER: Strengthening women’s political participation at the local and national levels in Lebanon
NCLW will only be responsible to respond to those applicants submitting the required documents above and in which there is further interest;
The CV should be submitted to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org; no later than January 30, 2017 noon.
NO PHONE CALLS
Here is the PDF of the job-vacancy-project-manager_nclw_ and Giz .
Good Luck to all