Position title: MDW Program Coordinator
About KAFA: KAFA is a feminist Lebanese non-profit civil society organization working towards eradicating all forms of gender-based violence and exploitation of women through advocating for legal reform and change of policies and practices, influencing public opinion, and empowering victims.
Since 2010, KAFA has been working on promoting the rights of female migrant domestic workers (MDWs) in Lebanon. KAFA’s efforts with MDWs involve advocacy, awareness raising among the Lebanese public and migrant communities, capacity building to empower MDWs, and socio-legal support to victims of exploitation.
Duties: KAFA is seeking a senior program coordinator for its program on MDWs’ rights within the Exploitation and Trafficking in Women Unit. The following duties are requested from the position holder:
– Lead the development, implementation, and monitoring of projects within the MDWs program, as well as manage the day-to-day work of the Unit team
– Work closely with migrant domestic workers communities, provide them with necessary support and capacity building
– Develop materials and conduct awareness raising sessions and training on the rights of MDWs targeting different groups as needed
– Conduct assessments on the needs of migrant domestic workers and write reports about their situations
– Work occasionally nights and weekends to attend migrant community events or to organize activities for migrant domestic workers
– Assist in developing and implementing advocacy demands and strategies
– Liaise and coordinate with public authorities, NGOs, migrant community members, media personnel and other stakeholders in support of KAFA’s advocacy work
– Identify new opportunities in terms of advocacy, actions, and funds
– Respond to and approach media, and represent KAFA in local and international conferences and forums
– Master’s degree or a higher degree in a relevant field (Humanities, Law, Human Rights, Migration and Gender studies)
– A minimum of 7 years of work experience in NGOs, preferably in relation to gender or migration issues
– Good knowledge of human rights and gender issues
– Commitment to the principles of equality and non-discrimination
– Good managerial skills
– Proactive and problem solving
– Good communication and interpersonal skills and ability to work under stress, in a team, and with people from diverse backgrounds
– Fluency in English and Arabic with excellent writing skills in both languages
Contract terms: One year renewable, with a probation period of 3 months
Submission guidelines: Interested candidates should send their CV and a motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: MDW Program Coordinator no later than Friday the 17th of April 2015. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.