FYI another vacancy is listed below!
good luck Rita!
Terms of Reference
Enhancing national capacities for providing quality RH services at primary and secondary care levels in targeted areas
Ministry of Public Health
United Nations Population Fund
The joint partnership between UNFPA and MOPH was established since 1995 and continues under the 3rd programme cycle (2010-2014) through a series of strategic activities and building on achievements and concrete outcomes realized in the past years. The proposed activities for 2011 will be aligned with MOPH’s strategic directions and the MCH programme supported by the Italian Cooperation and will aim at enhancing MOPH’s capacities in providing quality RH services within various outlets at primary and secondary levels with particular emphasis on targeted areas (i.e. Marjeyoun, Hasbaya, Bint Jbeil, Rachaya, SW Bekaa, Halba, and Hermal). The proposed activities will consist of the following:
- Enhance capacities of service providers on comprehensive RH package at PHC and secondary care level including for emergency response and in targeted areas
- Enhance MOPH capacities for developing and operationalizing an RH commodity Security
- Strengthen hospital capacities in training programmes on outreach
- Generate evidence and knowledge in RH
- Develop and pilot an RH monitoring system in targeted areas
A project coordinator will support the implementation of the above project activities and will operate under the overall guidance and supervision of the Director General. He/she will perform various tasks and activities of the project’s workplan implemented by the Ministry of Public health and supported by UNFPA. He/she will be based in the Ministry of Public Health and will conduct regular field visits where the activities are being carried out. He/she will be recruited for an initial period of one year with possible extension for a second year based on sound and satisfactory performance. Specifically, the project coordinator will carry out the following tasks and functions:
Implementation and Execution
- Ensure timely and efficient implementation and follow up on the project activities in accordance with the agreed upon annual workplan (AWP)
- Provide advise and briefing on the project’s progress and status to the various concerned stakeholders, implementing partners, as well as experts and consultants
- Identify gaps, shortfalls and bottlenecks in the implementation of the related activities and propose amendments/modifications and/or corrective measures in the annual workplan based on emerging needs
- Follow up on the actions and recommendations agreed upon between various actors (i.e. MOPH, other implementing partners, UNFPA, concerned stakeholders, experts and consultants, etc)
- Identify and assess new and pertinent partners for implementation of project components
- Provide logistical support in organizing projects events such as meetings, workshops, etc
- Contribute to revising the project’s Annual workplan (AWP)
- Identify supportive opportunities for maximizing and optimizing the implementation of the project’s activities
- Draft Terms of Reference (TORs) for national consultants, project staff, firms/institutions, and NGOs for the implementation of various activities
Monitoring and Evaluation
- Undertake regular field visits (individual and joint) to ensure proper and efficient implementation of the activities
- Support in the establishment and operationalization of an efficient monitoring system including identification of key indicators and generation of data for measuring progress
- Prepare and consolidate various reports (i.e. progress, annual, training, financial reports, among others)
- Attend and take minutes of all project related meetings
- Ensure continuous collaboration and coordination with other related programmes/projects (i.e. Italian cooperation, etc) for ensuring a complementary and synergetic outcome of the various joint programme results framework
- Ensure continuous flow of sharing of information with other UNFPA supported projects and interventions for maximizing mutual benefit
- Contribute to the creation and sharing of knowledge among the various actors (i.e. through documentation of good practices and lessons learned among others)
- Maintain a close collaboration with UNFPA’s media and communication officer for maximizing the visibility of the project’s achievement in various media channels (newsletter, website, newspapers, etc)
- Contribute to organizing the RH coordination committee of the UNFPA CPAP chaired by MOPH and which convenes 2-3 times per year
- Review and provide comments on pertinent reports and documents
- Identify and propose technical assistance needed for the project
- Undertake other tasks as deemed necessary and in consultation with UNFPA
- Masters Degree in Public Health or related field with considerable knowledge in development, heath, gender issues and empowerment of women, and human rights
- Minimum 3-4 years of increasingly responsible experience in managing and coordinating development related programmes
- Familiarity with governmental sector and community work
- Strong analytical skills, a team player, dedication to perform within a multi-disciplinary collaboration, and the capacity to communicate efficiently and coordinate within a wide spectrum of partners, including government, NGOs and grassroots as well as community leaders
- Fluency and good writing skills in English and Arabic
- Excellent computer skills in various applications including word processing, database, power point, and internet
- Integrity/Commitment to mandate: Acts in accordance with Lebanese constitution and laws and holds himself/herself accountable for actions taken. Demonstrates personal commitment to the Ministry’s mandate and vision.
- Knowledge sharing/continuous learning: Takes responsibility for personal learning and career development and actively seeks opportunities to learn through formal and informal means. Learns from others inside and outside the organization adopting best practices created by others. Actively produces and disseminates new knowledge.
- Valuing diversity: Demonstrates an international outlook, appreciates differences in values and learns from cultural diversity. Takes actions appropriate to the religious and cultural context and shows respect, tact and consideration for cultural differences. Observes and inquires to understand the perspectives of others and continually examines his/her own biases and behaviors
- Working in teams: Works collaboratively with colleagues inside and outside of the Ministry to allow the achievement of common goals and shared objectives. Actively seeks resolution of disagreements and supports decisions of the team.
- Analytical and strategic thinking: Uses appropriate analytical tools and logic to gather, define and analyze information, situations and problems and draws logical conclusions from data. Demonstrates an ability to set clear and appropriate priorities focusing on tasks and activities which have a strategic impact on results. Anticipates and meets information needs of the team and other stakeholders.
- Conflict and self management: Manages personal reactions by remaining calm, composed and patient even when under stress or during a crisis and avoids engaging in unproductive conflict. Expresses disagreement in constructive ways that focus on the issue not the person. Tolerates conditions of uncertainty or ambiguity and continues to work productively.
- Results orientation/Commitment to excellence: Strives to achieve high personal standard of excellence. Takes action that goes beyond responding to the obvious needs of the situation and persists until successful outcomes are achieved.
- Results-based programme development and management: Contributes to the achievement of results through primary research and analysis and effective monitoring of programme/project implementation. Uses analytical skills to identify opportunities for project development and participates in the design and application of proven successful approaches.
- Innovation and marketing of new approaches: Enhances existing processes and products. Documents and analyzes innovative strategies, best practices and new approaches. Adapts quickly to change.
- Leveraging the resources of national partners/Building strategic alliances and partners: Establishes, maintains and utilizes a broad network of contacts to keep abreast of developments and to share information. Analyzes and selected materials for strengthening strategic alliances with partners and stakeholders.
- Advocacy/Advancing a policy oriented agenda: Prepares and communicates relevant information for evidence-based advocacy. Maintains a functioning network of contacts in the media and civil society to support advocacy efforts and takes opportunities for advocating for the Ministry’s mandate.
Candidates who meet the required qualifications may apply on line by sending an updated and comprehensive CV detailing their work experience that is relevant to the job requirements as indicated in the Terms of Reference. The CVs must be sent to Ms Rasha Hamra, at email@example.com no later than april 16 2011