Vacancy Design, Monitoring and Evaluation Officer Lebanon
April 13, 2016 by Rita Chemaly
Design, Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
PURPOSE OF POSITION
The Design, Monitoring and Evaluation (DME) Officer is responsible to ensure the program quality through providing technical guidance and support in line with DME policy and framework (LEAP). This position would be based at the national office and will be assigned to specific programme/projects to lead, train and guide programme/projects staff, technical staff and other field staff on DME standards aligned to all the partnership and local initiatives for the portfolio under his/her purview.
||End Results Expected
- Quality Assurance
- Ensure that all DME processes within WV Lebanon programmes/projects are compliant to the relevant DME standards and frameworks.
- Be aware of and support implementation of new WVI programmatic initiatives.
- Ensure data is gathered for an effective knowledge management within WV Lebanon.
- Ensure effective coordination of LEAP 3.0 and Horizon 3.0 implementation.
- Implementation of WVI DME Policy, WV Lebanon Monitoring System and other relevant frameworks.
- Contribution to implementation of new programmatic initiatives of WVI that WV Lebanon committed to.
- WVL knowledge management system is maintained.
- WVL demonstrates high performance of LEAP 3 and Horizon implementation.
- Assessment and Design
- Assist programme/project managers in the programme/project design process, including needs assessments, establishment of goals and objectives, setting of indicators, development of implementation plans, M&E plans, evaluation and reporting.
- Participate in planning for compilation, and writing of the operational plans, annual report and other periodical program documentation.
- Lead assessments processes by coordinating with relevant sectors in alignment with strategic priorities, oversee and ensure the quality and completeness of the assessment report design, TOR, submission and approval. Compile documentation and information necessary to facilitate strategic planning in WVL.
- Ensure the development of high quality M&E plan, ITT & DIPs, and ensure that every project under his/ her profile have these tools completed, updated and in place.
- Programme/project assessment reports and design documents developed in compliance with LEAP standards.
- Strategic planning facilitated in a timely manner and with due quality.
- Macro-level assessment and landscape analysis reports, narrative of strategic programme are developed, submitted and filed duly.
- M&E plan, ITT & DIPs are of high quality
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Conduct regular monitoring visits to programmes/projects and provide detailed monitoring reports.
- Monitor compliance with WV International Operations Audit standards during the quarterly monitoring
- Assist programme/project managers in developing Terms of Reference and develop programme/ project evaluation designs.
- Contribute to National Strategy Evaluation and Landscape assessment for new strategy elaboration
- Conduct and/or assist in conducting programme/project evaluations.
- Where specified by ToR, prepare evaluation reports for programmes/projects evaluated.
- Undertake other duties related to DME as assigned by DME Manager.
- Regular monitoring reports provided in a timely manner and with due quality.
- Monitoring reports reflecting the compliance status of programmes/ projects with international audit standards
- All programme/project evaluations have filed ToRs and designs.
- National Strategy Indicators measured and reflected in Evaluation report. Landscape analysis report for new strategy developed.
- Programme/project evaluations based on LEAP aligned terms of Reference and Evaluation Design (developed in cooperation with partners).
- Programme/project evaluations conducted in a timely manner and with due quality according to LEAP/donor requirements.
- Other duties duly performed.
- Capacity Building
- Provide DME-related capacity building for relevant WVL staff.
- Initiate self-learning initiatives, understand, unlearn and relearn concepts, systems, techniques, processes and standards that are both internal and external to WV which would enable him/her to carry out responsibilities in an effective and efficient manner
- Ensure that knowledge obtained from specific trainings, and international travel opportunities is disseminated to the broader DME team and respective technical staff, and field staff with relevant resources and learning material
- Represent WVL at local, national and international forums, working groups, and communities of practice in a manner that will place WVL strongly and preferred partner for program implementation, research and learning.
- Attend and participate in WVL’s spiritual nurture events.
- Relevant staff trained as per the L&D Plans.
- Professional capacities are improved.
- Capacity of M&E staff is improved and their well-being is maintained
- WVL is represented in international forums and recognized as a key partner in for evidence building
- Staff spiritually nurtured and reflects in daily work WV core values.
|5. Humanitarian and Emergency Affairs
- To be aware and prepared to participate in implementation of the National Office Disaster Preparedness Plan (DPP).
- Knowledge of the NO DPP and the role of the position holder.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Masters or Bachelors degree in Social Sciences, International Development Studies, Community Development or any relevant professional qualification with an independent research work demonstrating the capacity for critical analysis and application of specialist knowledge.
- At least three years of relevant experience in design and implementation of M&E systems; including qualitative and quantitative approaches to assessment and monitoring.
- Good contextual knowledge of local issues, community priorities and social and cultural constraints and realities
- Excellent knowledge about research philosophies, principles, statistical definitions, scientific tool and techniques
- Ability to design and execute a facilitation process with appropriate and relevant facilitation tools
- Evidence of understanding, and commitment to WV’s Ministry Framework, the vision, mission, core values and guiding principles
- A thorough knowledge & understanding of LEAP standards and related DME Processes
- Ability to recognize, capture and manage DME resources and learning effectively
- Ability to understand, explain & contextualize complex DME tools
- Expert data handling skills (classification, categorizing, tabulation etc.) and demonstrates diligence in data management
- Expert knowledge of information presentation techniques (graphing, charting, tabling etc.) and interpreting them
- Evidence of, and commitment to, on-going personal and professional development
- High level communications skills
- Ability to attend and participate in capacity building opportunities, trainings and meetings locally and internationally as required by the organization.
- Ability to train diverse participants with integrity respect and humility
- The position requires ability and willingness to travel locally up to 70% of the time
- The position requires 30% of the time to be office based
- The position requires a valid driving license (in Lebanon) for more than 2 years
- The position requires availability and willingness to work outside regular office hours (occasionally)
– See more at: https://careers.wvi.org/jobs/lebanon/programme-effectiveness/design-monitoring-and-evaluation-officer/4556#sthash.8dbgeJwr.dpuf