Job Vacancy Lebanon Accountant World Vision
April 13, 2016 by Rita Chemaly
PURPOSE OF POSITION
To contribute to WVL Finance Department with implementation of all appropriate processes to ensure continued effective operation of the accounting functions, good stewardship, transparency and accountability.
||End Results Expected
||a. Field Financial Report is placed on LN within the established deadline. Statements reviewed for completeness and correctness, appropriate adjustments are made as necessary.
|a. Provide inputs into preparation and submission of FFR (Field Financial Reports) in compliance with World Vision International requirements.
||II. Accounting, compliance, reweaving and monitoring.
- Source documents and monthly vouchers reviewed and verified before submission for posting to Sun System.
- Payment packages are reviewed and all outstanding issues are addressed before processing.
- Ensure review of source documents and preparation of monthly vouchers.
- Review the source documents/ payment package before processing the payment to ensure alignment with local legislation and WV policies and procedures.
||III. Ongoing financial activities
- All vouchers prepared/ reviewed according month closing schedule. All entries are made into accounting software on a daily basis.
- All payments processed within 3 working days after complete supporting documents submitted to the accounting.
- Cash Count Document prepared in line with WVL policy. Cash Balance is equal to the balance per cash book. All cash and bank check payments done without delay.
- Payments to the employees are processed within set deadlines.
- All accounts payable/receivable are reconciled by T3 code (vendor/employee). There is no outstanding and/or unknown balances recorded. Bank balances per books are the same with balances in Bank statement.
- Employee advances are cleared within the deadline.
- Provide documents requested by auditor and ensure accurate filling of these documents after audit is finished.
- Assets data register updated regularly, reports are prepared per request. Data in the Assets data register are the same with the result of stock tacking.
- LDR’s are sorted and filed by 30th of the next month.
- Accurate documents storage is organized by sorting/filing documents by their types and periods.
- All SA’s submitted to other World Vision offices within 30 days. Ensure SAs recorded in the GL are reconciled with Sun System records and outstanding issues are addressed in timely manner.
- All accounts are reconciled and necessary adjustments are made.
- Prepare/review coding on financial vouchers for valid account/cost centre /donor combinations. Enter financial data into “Interface Voucher” database as required.
- Process payments within 3 working days after complete supporting documents submitted to the finance department.
- Track daily cash balance. Prepare cash and bank check payments to employees, casual workers and suppliers as required.
- Assist with monthly salary recording and processing salary transfers to staff (if needed).
- Conduct all account payables/receivables and all bank accounts balances reconciliation monthly.
- All submitted EERs are reviewed timely and there are no outstanding advances to the staff.
- Provide assistance during audit process with timely provision of selected documents.
- Maintain the Assets data register (software if applicable), including assets provided to the beneficiaries Prepare assets reports per request. To reconcile results of the inventory stock taking performed by admin with the records at least annually.
- Collect and file LDR’s on a regular basis.
- To organize accurate documents filing and storage.
- Prepare SA’s for other World Vision offices within the deadline. Maintain SA database. Prepare SA vouchers and monitor SA balances monthly, reconcile with GL balance.
- Assist the Finance Compliance Manager with monthly reconciliations as required.
||a. Be aware and prepared to implement National Office Humanitarian and Emergency Affairs (HEA) plan
b. Participated regularly in devotional and staff meetings.
c. Assigned tasks are performed on expected level within assigned timeframe.
|a. To be aware and prepared to implement National Office Humanitarian and Emergency Affairs plan.
b. Attend and participate in regular devotions and staff meetings.
c. Perform other functions as requested by Supervisor.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Degree in Finance or Accounting.
- At least 3 years of experience in accounting.
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and a practical knowledge of financial systems and internal controls.
- Requires proven experience in treasury activities, establishment and monitoring of budgets, and an understanding of data processing concepts and systems.
- Computer literacy and working knowledge of spreadsheet applications.
- Fluency in English required
- Must have good oral and written communication skills, team building skills, and ability to work in a cross-cultural environment with a multi-national staff.
- Analytical skills and good attention to details.
- Must be self-motivated, innovation, able to work under pressure.
- Ability to travel across the country 10 % of time.