Dear readers anyone is interested in the call of proposal launched by KIP / AUB USAID project?
it covers: 15 research/data gathering projects.
Researchers, graduate students, and faculty based within civil society organizations, NGOs, academic institutions, think tanks and/or other related contexts working on relevant issues are encouraged to apply.
The project aims to examine issues relating to gender and sexuality with the aim of positively contributing to the empowerment of women and other marginalized groups in Lebanon.
attached for you is the KIP project call for proposal with full details.
in brief: There will be 9 grants of $5,000 USD each which fund documentation projects where researchers gather information and data pertaining to gender and sexuality issues in public, judicial, legal, syndicated, private business, and civil society organizations. Additionally, there will be 6 grants of $10,000 USD each which fund theory-driven and knowledge-generating academic research projects.
We are seeking proposals that focus on either gathering data/information or generating knowledge relating to the following five thematic areas:
(1) Sexual Harassment and other forms of abusive behaviors or discrimination disproportionately targeting women and other marginalized groups at work, at school, in universities, and in other traditional or nontraditional structures in Lebanon.
(2) Barriers and facilitators affecting participation and representation of women and other marginalized groups at work, in government, in management and leadership as well as in other decision making roles in traditional or nontraditional structures in Lebanon.
(3) The current health and wellbeing practices and perceptions around of gender and sexuality in Lebanon.
(4) The next generation: the perceptions, attitudes and the current practices of youth and young adults in relation to gender equality and sexuality in Lebanon.
(5) Conceptual etymology and legal genealogy of gender, sexuality, and bodily rights in Lebanon.
The KIP Project is funded through a federal assistance award from the U.S. Department of State and under the direction of Associate Professor Charlotte Karam (Olayan School of Business, American University of Beirut). If interested, please send an email to the KIP Project Coordinator Ms. Zeina Mhaidly at email@example.com.
Good luck to all!!!
below is the full link to the PDF: