Lead responsibility for managing Oxfam’s contract management database (CRIMSON), maintaining up to date proposal, allocations, income, reporting and other contract records
- Maintain restricted funding information systems and records on donor contracts and income data on shared drive and hard files
- Coordinate communications with existing donors including responding to information requests, income tracking, contract amendments etc.
Management of Funds
- Review, edit and submit donor financial and narrative reports, (in close coordination with the Programme Manager, Regional Funding Coordinator and the finance team) ensuring consistency, accuracy, clarity and timely submission in compliance with Oxfam policies and procedures, and donor requirements.
- Support the team to monitor restricted funding expenditure, ensuring the timely identification of problems (e.g. ineligible expenditure, miscoding etc), enabling appropriate corrective action, such as amendments and extension requests, to be taken.
- Actively participate in monthly financial monitoring meetings.
- Compile quarterly reporting, with a particular focus on compliance and systems risks associated with donor contracts.
- Research new in country funding prospects to meet the set ambition of the programme.
- Contribute to establishing and maintaining up-to-date funding grids and updates.
Programme Review and Key Learning
- To assist the Programme Manager in the development of thematic reports to donors about ways of working, success stories and context.
- Support preparation for audits, reviews or donor visits of donor funded programs as required.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCE
- Education to a postgraduate degree level in social sciences, development studies or related discipline.
- Analytical skills and critical thinking with the ability to research, analyse, and report (e.g. researching donor priorities, evaluating proposals and reports, determining match between external funding opportunities and Oxfam objectives).
- Strong interpersonal, communication and influencing skills: both written and verbal.
- Knowledge of planning for, securing and managing funds from institutional donors, such as EC, ECHO, DFID, CIDA, and UN agencies.
- Self-motivated, target-driven and an entrepreneurial approach to fundraising opportunities.
- A team player with highly developed interpersonal, influencing and relationship skills.
- Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal (English and Arabic).
- Strong administrative and numerical skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to manage her/his time effectively. Willing and able to adapt priorities in order to respond to changing demands.
- An understanding of and experience of working in the humanitarian sector.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Responsible, flexible and adaptable
- Good team player and builder
- Knowledge and skills in computer usage (Ms Word, Excel). Other applications are preferable
Education degree: Masters Degree