Position: Deputy project manager (full-time)
Start Date: July 1st, 2015
Duration: 1 year (with possible extension)
A deputy project manager with excellent organizational skills, basic research experience and a core interest in working on gender and sexuality (focus on sexual and reproductive health), is sought for a new 2 year-long funded project.
What is the A project?
The A project is a Beirut-based organization seeking agency, alternatives and autonomy in sexuality, sexual health, and gender. The project looks to address people living in Lebanon, young and not so young, through various programs. The project aims to work on sexuality, while looking at but not limiting the discussion to disease-prevention and violence, but also through a political, critical, yet affirmative and sex-positive framework.
This is an excellent opportunity for an energetic and flexible individual. Applicants will need great interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with individuals of diverse backgrounds and community organizations.
Applicants need not be experts in sexuality, gender, and/or health but preference goes to those who have experience in these domains. The position requires a range of skills and responsibilities, including but not limited to:
- Logistical set up and contribution to workshops/ trainings
- Meeting with migrant workers and refugee community leaders
- Familiarize themselves thoroughly with the work that has been commissioned
- Collecting and analyzing qualitative data
- Prepare clear, concise and accurate reports
- Coordinating with national, regional, and other global-south networks and allies
- Documentation of project activities
- Running a sexuality support-line and liaising with support-line volunteers
- Plan work in such a way to achieve specific objectives
Ideally candidates must have
- Either an MPH or MA degree in a social science discipline, or a bachelors degree and work experience; applicants with a healthcare background are also encouraged to apply
- Demonstrated interest in human rights and social justice issues
- Good analytical, quantitative, and qualitative research skills
- High level of independence and decision-making
- An interest in working within the field of sexuality and gender
- Proficiency in Arabic and English (spoken and written)
- Willingness to learn new skills and work under pressure at times
- Basic knowledge of windows office (excel, ppt, & word) and social media platforms.
- Ability to work well with other organizations
- Very good representational and presentational skills
- Very good written and verbal communication skills
- Skills of innovation and lateral thinking and being able to find new and imaginative ways of doing things
- An ability to prioritize and manage time effectively
- While it’s not required, please mention if experienced in photoshop, and/or blogging.
- Attention to detail and adherence to deadlines;
- Strong skills working in teams and across many types of organizations – collaborator; problem solver; relationship-builder; and strong inter-personal skills
- Work hours are flexible with possibility of working in evening/week-end for trainings (for which time off in lieu will be given)
- Field visits take place in different parts of Lebanon
- Priority will be given to women and gender non-conforming persons
Please rate your level of comfort addressing, discussing, and working with individuals who relate to the below topics.
– This position doesn’t require knowledge on all the below topics, this is only to gauge comfort levels.
– Include the below table at the end of your cover letter.
– Mention in your cover letter whether you have worked in any of the below fields or have specific discomforts regarding any of them.
|STIs and HIV|
|People living with HIV|
|Abortion, early term|
|Abortion, later term|
|Sex work & Sex workers|
|Sex with multiple partners|
If you fulfill the criteria and are interested please send a cover letter, CV, and the name and contact information of one reference to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading: Deputy Project Manager