Position: Communications and media consultant (part-time)
Start Date: July 1st, 2015
Duration: 8 months
A communications and media consultant with creative edge and a core interest in working on gender and sexuality (focus on sexual and reproductive health), is sought for a part time position.
What is the A project?
The A project is a Beirut-based organization seeking agency, alternatives and autonomy in sexuality, sexual health, and gender. The project looks to address people living in Lebanon, young and not so young, through various programs. The project aims to work on sexuality, while looking at but not limiting the discussion to disease-prevention and violence, but also through a political, critical, yet affirmative and sex-positive framework.
This is an excellent opportunity for an energetic and dynamic individual. Applicants will need great interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with individuals of diverse backgrounds and community organizations.
Applicants need not be experts in sexuality, gender, and/or health but preference goes to those who have experience in these domains. The position requires a range of skills and responsibilities, including but not limited to:
- Develop communication strategies for offline and online channels (website articles, feature stories, blogs, infographics, interviews, annual report, brochures; videos/ animations are a plus).
- Produce and design, or give suggestions on the design of attractive brochures, pamphlets, and other publicity tools that are in line with theAproject’s politics.
- Produce relevant, creative, and engaging communication material for various online channels in English and Arabic.
- Launch and manage social media platforms (Twitter/Facebook):
- Develop a communication strategy for each platform;
- Prepare the contents (video and image production);
- Community management and monitoring.
- Assist with other communication tasks, as needed.
- A degree in communications, marketing, media and public relations, journalism, or other related fields.
- Demonstrated interest in human rights and social justice issues
- Knowledge in providing communication support for non-governmental organizations
- Ability to use social media tools and blogging for advocacy.
- Excellent writing, editing, interpersonal, and oral communication skills (in English and Arabic).
- Knowledge and prior use of Microsoft Office, photoshop, and illustrator.
- Basic research and analytic skills
- Result driven, able to meet targets and deadlines
- Capacity to plan, prioritize and deliver tasks on time
- Openness to change and ability to receive/integrate feedback
- Self-starter and organized
- Able to multitask and balance multiple responsibilities
- An interest in working within the field of sexuality and gender
- Professional blogging experience a plus
- Experience in communication consulting a plus
- Part time: 10 days per month for a period of 8 months
- Priority will be given to women and gender non-conforming persons
Please state if you have worked on or have any specific discomforts in working on any of the following topics: premarital sex, sexual violence, STIs and HIV, people living with HIV, unwanted pregnancies, abortion, sexual orientation, transgenderism, sex work, sexual pleasure, or contraception.
This position doesn’t require knowledge on the above topics.
If qualified and interested please send a cover letter, CV, and the name and contact information of one reference email@example.com with the subject heading: Media Consultant