Below interested candidates might see that HRW is searching for a multi-task assistant ! from communication to administrative issues, to translation, below is what might interest multi-skilled and multi-tasked candidates!
Human Rights Watch (“HRW”) is seeking an Associate to provide administrative assistance to the Development and Outreach Department in the Beirut Office. This position reports to the Associate Director of Development in Beirut.
1. Assist with the organization and coordination of logistics for special events in Lebanon and the region, such as Committee meetings, outreach events and annual dinners;
2. Assist with the administration of major gifts prospects and conduct prospect research;
3. Respond to requests for information and correspond with Beirut Committee members and constituents, including the creation of mailings;
4. Provide support including scheduling internal and external meetings, creating agendas, preparing background materials, drafting minutes and conducting follow-up to meetings;
5. Oversee preparations of event-related materials and event-related mailings;
6. Process, track and acknowledge gifts using HRW’s Raiser’s Edge database;
7. Ensure accurate and timely recording of all campaigns, appeals, gifts and contact information on Raiser’s Edge and provide reports when necessary;
8. Coordinate and manage development web content, newsletters, and e-mailings;
9. Process expenses, answer phones and e-mails, and process incoming development mail;
10. Assist with English to Arabic translations and proofreading;
11. Assist with travel arrangements and follow-up;
12. Maintain extensive files, contact lists, and databases;
13. Perform tasks including, filing, photocopying, scanning, faxing, word processing, maintaining databases, maintaining contact lists and subscriptions, bulk mailings, report filing and tracking;
14. Assist with departmental hiring and training, and oversee departmental interns; and
15. Carry out other duties as required.
Related Skills and Knowledge:
1. Prior office/administration experience and strong organizational skills are required.
2. Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Arabic are required.
3. Strong interest in international human rights is required.
4. Experience with Raiser’s Edge and donor databases as well as knowledge of web management and html are strongly desired.
5. Strong interpersonal skills are required.
6. Ability to work well under pressure while juggling multiple tasks simultaneously is required.
7. Ability to make sound decisions consistent with functions is required.
8. Ability to prioritize with minimal supervision and work independently as well as function as a member of a team is required.
9. Proficiency in computer packages including MS Office applications is required.
Other: HRW will not obtain a work permit for this position. Candidates must have the ability to legally work in Lebanon.
Education degree: Bachelor Degree Field of education: A bachelor’s degree in a related field is required