CRTD.A Post Vacancy
2 Field Officers
(In Beqaa and South Lebanon)
Duration of the post: 1 year
As part of its Women Economic Empowerment Programme and RUWOMED project, CRTD.A is recruiting two Project Field Officers to support the implementation of the project.
The Women Economic Empowerment Programme (WEEP) (www.weeportal-lb.org) works with around 40 rural women’s cooperatives in different parts of Lebanon. Activities include capacity building, access to markets, development of internal governance of organizations, women’s involvement in economic policy making, and a knowledge component that includes research and connection of know how. As of early 2013, CRTD.A started implementing a new EU financially supported WEEP component in cooperation with the Assembly of Cooperation and Peace (ACCP) a Spanish NGO the Palestinian Agricultural Relief Committee (PARC) (http://www.pal-arc.org/arabic.html)and the European Neighborhood and Partnership Instrument (ENPI), http://www.enpi-info.eu/.
The new project, named RUWOMED (http://www.enpicbcmed.eu/sites/default/files/ruwomed.pdfaims to support economic empowerment of rural and marginalized women in the Mediterranean and strengthen cross-border socio-economic relationships.
The RUWOMED FOs are entrusted with the follow-up, implementation and monitoring of field level activities of the RUWOMED project including close engagement with field beneficiaries.
Role and responsibilities of the RUWOMED-FO
The RUWOMED-FO is in charge of the implementation and follow-up of all the field level components of the RUWOMED project.
More specifically, he/she will have the following responsibilities:
1) Maintain continuous contact and liaison with project beneficiaries at field level
2) Conduct mapping or fact finding when necessary
3) Plan the implementation of activities at field level
4) Monitor and report on implementation
5) Providing reporting requirements as requested by field coordinator
6) Providing projects communications as and when needed
7) Regular coordination and liaison with the CRTD.A office in Beirut.
Successful candidates will have:
● At least three years experience in similar or related contexts
● Familiarity with work environment and with RWCs and the context in which they operate
● Fluency in Arabic
● Ability to travel to project’s activities sites
● Commitment to gender equality and social justice
This position is for one year with the possibility of a short period of extension.
Interested candidates should submit their CV by e-mail to email@example.com no later than 25 July 2014 (please indicate FO in the subject line)
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.