For those interested in applying for the call for candidature of the Anna Lindh Euro-Mediterranean Foundation for the post of Head of Admin and finance, please do follow the link below, http://www.annalindhfoundation.org/sites/annalindh.org/files/documents/page/call_for_candidature_hoaf_final.pdf
Call for Candidature
to the Anna Lindh Euro-Mediterranean Foundation
for the Dialogue between Cultures (ALF)
The Anna Lindh Euro-Mediterranean Foundation for the Dialogue between Cultures
(http://www.annalindhfoundation.org) has a legal personality as an international organisation
based in Alexandria (Egypt) and registered with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the
Arab Republic of Egypt.
The Foundation was created by the governments of the Euro-Mediterranean Partnership
– the far-reaching political agreement established in 1995 between the European Union
and its Southern Mediterranean partners with the purpose to bring people together from
across the Mediterranean to improve mutual respect between cultures and to support
civil society working for a common future for the region.
To fulfil this objective, the Foundation leads regional initiatives in the Euro-Med region
and supports local activities carried out by civil society organisations which advocate a
better understanding among people, religions and beliefs. The Foundation works as
Network of Networks in the 42 Euro-Mediterranean countries.
The Foundation is co-funded by the European Commission and the 42 countries of the
Union for the Mediterranean and its contracting procedures are in line with the EU
procedures stipulated in the Practical Guide to Contract procedures for EU external
The Anna Lindh Foundation seeks for recruitment, as of 1 October 2014
(provisional date), one Head of Administration and Finance Unit.
ELIGIBILITY OF APPLICANTS
In order to be eligible, applicants must be nationals of one of the 42 EuroMed countries
(Albania; Algeria; Austria; Belgium; Bosnia and Herzegovina; Bulgaria; Croatia; Cyprus;
Czech Republic; Denmark; Egypt; Estonia; Finland; France; Germany; Greece; Hungary;
Ireland; Israel; Italy; Jordan; Latvia; Lebanon; Lithuania; Luxembourg; Malta; Mauritania;
Monaco; Montenegro; Morocco; Palestine; Poland; Portugal; Romania; Slovak Republic;
Slovenia; Spain; Sweden; The Netherlands; Tunisia; Turkey; United Kingdom).
HOW TO APPLY?
Candidatures including a CV of not more than five pages (format:
http://europass.cedefop.eu.int) and a one-page letter of motivation in English shall be sent to the email address firstname.lastname@example.org before end of 16 August 2014 clearly indicating the reference number of the post.
Post Ref. no. AF/2014/HoU/1
Head of Administration and Finance Unit
General Management Duties
– Assisting the Executive Director in implementing the strategic goals of the ALF and
giving direction and leadership towards achieving its mandate and objectives.
– Replacing the Executive Director and representing the ALF in his/her absence or as
per delegation of tasks.
– Day-to-day management of ALF Headquarters in Alexandria with responsibilities
regarding the budgetary and financial dimensions of all the ALF Operations.
– Planning and allocating resources to effectively staff and accomplish the ALF work.
– Planning, evaluating, and improving the efficiency of processes and procedures to
enhance speed, quality, efficiency, and output.
– Establishing and maintaining relevant controls and feedback systems to monitor the
operations of the Unit.
– Ensuring that all the ALF decisions are taken in accordance with approved Manuals of
Procedures and in line with approved work plans.
– Ensuring proper communication flows and reporting inwards and outwards notably
– Preparing timely management information.
Specific Duties and Accountabilities
– Preparing the forecasted budget for the ALF Triennial Programme and the Annual
Work-Plans, in collaboration with the Head of Programme and Operations Unit.
– Providing financial reporting and financial information for the ALF Management, the
Board of Governors and the EC.
– Producing monthly financial statements and providing effective financial advice to the
– Contributing to the overall Foundation’s implementation strategy and operations as
the Head of Unit responsible for the contracts and finance.
– Supervising the execution of the budget in line with the generally accepted accounting
rules and proposing sound financial solutions to ALF operational challenges.
– Preparing ALF activities financial planning against the funds made available by the
Member States, the European Union and/or other donors.
– Developing and updating ALF’s rules and procedures and the manuals describing
adequate systems of internal control.
– Ensuring the financial validation of procedures proposed in the framework of the
Foundation Programme implementation and its relevant financial transactions.
– Maintaining an efficient control and software records of ALF funds and assets.
– Being responsible of the financial and contractual dimension of the monitoring and
evaluation of projects implementation and ensuring the payments related to them.
– Serving as the principal contact and coordinator with audit bodies, providing them with
the necessary assistance.
– Signing on matters related to “Purchase and Procurement Orders” for supplies and
services in compliance with the articles of the manual of procedures.
– Being joint signatory authority on payments (checks, transfers) beside the Executive
– Managing the development of procurement policies and procedures and providing
recommendations based on the EU and donors’ regulations.
– Supporting the ALF Units by carrying out the appropriate procedures for the
procurement of goods and services of the best value, best quality at best prices to
meet the Programme’s needs.
– Developing and implementing international donors’ procurement tools and
– Leading the procurement team in processing duties, plans and allocating work
assignments, implementing and monitoring bid schedule.
– Ensuring the process of drafting tender dossiers and serving as Chairperson for
evaluation committee meetings and announcing the awarded contracts, contacting
the awarded contractors, and following up contract management till the expiration of
– Monitoring the quality of procurement work team’s output, reviewing all contracts prior
to its execution.
– Collaborating with other Heads of Unit to maximise the use of staff resources and
ensure efficient overall planning.
– Developing and delivering training in procurement and contracting procedures to the
staff and ALF beneficiaries.
Sub-granting Scheme Management:
– Developing and monitoring the guidelines for applicants and launching calls for
proposals, coordinating the evaluation process, serving as Chairperson for evaluation
committee meetings and ensuring the follow up on contract.
Human Resources Management:
– Developing the Human Resources policy and ensuring its implementation.
– Supervising the development of the Internship Programme Guidelines.
– Reporting to the Executive Director, regularly, on HR issues.
– Drafting the calls for candidatures and ensuring the follow up of employment
– Ensuring that local laws and corporate policies are consistently and fairly
– Serving as Chairperson for ALF internal evaluation committee meetings.
– Monitoring the regular maintenance of the personnel files and ensuring the periodical
performance appraisal review.
– Responsible for updating the Manual of Procedures, the Mission Guide and the
Personnel Procedures and Policy Manual.
– Liaising with the EU, the Euro-Med member States and other donors to review
agreements and receiving financial contributions and agreements.
– Ensuring the sound collaboration with the Egyptian Authorities (i.e. social insurance
department, tax authority etc.).
– Serving as the principal contact with ALF legal advisor.
– Carrying out other duties assigned by the Executive Director.
The successful candidate for this post must have:
Qualifications and skills
– Must have a minimum of bachelor’s degree in accounting and/or business
management or equivalent qualification or comparable professional experience; Postgraduated
candidates will be considered an asset.
– Must have proficient knowledge of standard computer software (MS Word®, Excel®,
PowerPoint and Outlook®). Knowledge of other project management tools and
accountability software will be considered an asset.
– Must be fluent in spoken and written English with good reporting, interpersonal and
communication skills; Proficiency in French and/or Arabic will be considered a
General Professional experience
– At least 12 years of overall experience of which a minimum of 4 years in a similar post
in international donor-funded programmes involving project and team coordination.
– Proven experience and ability in leading a multicultural team demonstrating
professional facilitation, mentoring and advising skills.
– Experience in elaborating/updating Manual of Procedures, Mission Guide and
Personnel Procedures and Policy Manual.
– Experience in international donors’ management tools and methodologies as well as
in processes related to project preparation & implementation, resource management,
and stakeholder communications.
– High degree of initiative, flexibility and resourcefulness with a lead for and drive for
results. Organisational skills and ability to multi-task and to work under pressure and
capacity to prioritize assigned responsibilities.
Specific professional experience
– Compulsory sound knowledge of and working experience with EU financial and
contractual procedures. The number of years will be valorized.
– At least 4 years of experience in general financial management of an autonomous
structure similar to ALF putting in place accountability, financial and administrative
– At least 2 years of previous experiences in conducting EU tender procedures for
services and supply including contract management.
– At least 1 year of previous experience in conducting EU Grant procedure from
launching till contract management. The number and complexity of experiences will
– A previous professional experience in Egypt will be considered an asset.