The project coordinator will be responsible for managing the implementation of a 27-month project empowering women’s rights CSOs and key stakeholders in the Lebanese community to address women’s economic empowerment through legislative reform. S/he will work closely with local partner, civil society organizations and stakeholders to ensure timely and quality implementation of all activities and the development of a collaborative relationship between beneficiaries. The project coordinator will oversee day-to-day operations at SFCG-Lebanon offices implementing this activity and will ensure that the implementation of the program itself is on-time, within budget, and to maximum effect. This includes providing a regular presence with stakeholders and networking contacts with local government, international and local agencies. The project coordinator will be responsible for managing SFCG staff and resources devoted to this project in conformity with Lebanese law and SFCG’s internal operating practices. S/he will also collaborate closely with the MENA team, as well as trainers and technical experts working on the Project to ensure the deliverables are of high quality, and delivered in a timely manner.
– Develop and maintain proactive, positive and professional relationships with the partner organization, other NGOs, donors, politicians, key government officials, civil society groups, religious groups, media outlets, etc;
– Implement project activities in a timely manner ensuring good quality action and credible outcomes;
– Implement the financial and administrative systems necessary for the execution of the project;
– Maintain regular written and oral reporting with the donor and SFCG’s Country Director;
– Maintain responsible media coverage of program events and issues related to SFCG mission; and
– Develop regular reports on project activities and finances.
– Collaborate with the Country Director and MENA Team on the implementation of the project;
– Ensure compliance with SFCG Operations Manual policies and procedures;
– Maintain updated security plans;
– Oversee the management and reporting on project activities, ensuring timely grant reporting and compliance with contract and donor guidelines in coordination with the local partners;
– Ensure necessary prior arrangements are made for training activities organized by Lebanese and international trainers; and
– Develop and maintain project records such as databases, reports and records of decisions.
• Demonstrated financial management and program administration experience.
• Dynamic leader with creative problem solving skills, particularly in challenging situations
• Excellent interpersonal and networking skills
• Strong oral and written communications skills.
• Demonstrated writing and grants management skills.
• Cultural sensitivity and adaptability.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially Microsoft Excel.
• Strong organizational skills and attention to-detail.