Finally a grassroot campaign by 2 women activists was launched in Lebanon to object how women are objectified and sexualised in the ads!
the campaign will have many components, at first they will begin with a social media campaign aiming to raise awarness against those ads I always was furious against!
Using a catchy slogan in arabic campaigners of the Female Organisation are asking marketeers to stop selling women with all their products.
Here is a link to the report Al Jadeed did about the campaign http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3lzxvn8D_k
and here is a snapshot of the campaign cover picture!
And here is their short video created for the campaign: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unvGiUS6ooM&feature=player_embedded
Again and again we should stop the stereotypes of being interiorised by societies, we should stop sexualising women bodies, We should Put and End to Discrimination!
So kuddos to Alia and Hayat,
Here are my previous posts related to the same subject:
- I’m not an Object Neither are you!
- Objectification et sexualisation des femmes …Busted in Jal-El-Dib
- My body is not to be used for your crap ads! women’s body are sacred and not objects!
- Kherrberr.org Les “Must See” des Publicites sexistes
- You can be Seduced by a Taouk…. or a warak arich on a women body…
- الاعلانات مش قصة اباحية Ton corps n’est pas un jeu entre leurs mains
- Salons de Beaute pour ENFANTS! au Liban tout est travaille pour Arranger l’image de soi
- Biaised Women Image…. using sex and charm of women to sell products and reinforce social roles
- When is Nudity in Advertising Sexist?