Note Taker/Rapporteur Position
Founded in 1982, Search for Common Ground (SFCG) is the largest dedicated international non-governmental organization working in the field of conflict transformation. Operating within 34 countries, SFCG uses creative, multi-faceted approaches to help divided communities understand differences while working toward commonalities. SFCG has been working in Lebanon since 2008 and works to promote social cohesion through a combination of leadership initiatives, journalism, and conflict sensitivity training.
Summary of Position
The SFCG Lebanon program is seeking a short-term Note taker/Rapporteur (consultancy position) to help implement focus groups with community members in Hbeish.
Note taker/Rapporteur Responsibilities
The note taker will be responsible for:
§ Taking notes during 15 focus groups with different stakeholders from the Hbeish community
§ Translating the notes into English for analysis
· Bachelor’s Degree, Master Degree preferred, in psychology, sociology, social work, international affairs, or related topic
· Excellent in both Arabic and English
· Strong listening skills and attention to detail
· High level of personal accountability and responsibility
· Strong listening and analytical skills
· Availability during the month of December 2013
· Strong analytical skills
· 2 or more years work experience
· Previous training in or exposure to data collection, note taking, gender sensitivity, conflict resolution, or other relevant topics
· Experience working with international NGOs
To Apply: Please send a cover letter and current resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading: Note taker.
SFCG is currently looking for a full-time intern to follow the social media strategy for a crowd-funding campaign (November 2013-January 2014).
Search for Common Ground (SFCG) is an international non-profit organization that promotes peaceful resolution of conflict. SFCG’s mission is to transform how individuals, organizations, and governments deal with conflict – away from adversarial approaches and toward cooperative solutions. SFCG seeks to help conflicting parties understand their differences and act on their commonalities. With a total of approximately 400 staff worldwide, SFCG implements projects from 30 offices, including in Asia, Europe, the Middle East, the United States and Africa.
In Lebanon SFCG has been active since 2008 with a series of projects involving the media and focusing on the role of youth in conflict transformation dynamics. Through TV series such as Kilna bil Hayy and The Team, SFCG has been promoting a common Lebanese identity. In parallel to the media strategy SFCG collaborates with local and international partners to empower youth in Lebanon to develop and act upon a more inclusive national identity that emphasizes the common good, shuns sectarian and ethnic divisions and inspires others.
SFCG is currently producing a video game to encourage interaction among youth in Lebanon and to train youth in conflict resolution skills and tools.
The Intern will be responsible for:
· Conducting a social media campaign on various social media websites. (tweeting at least 3 times a day and posting on facebook and on video game website during the peak hours)
· Conduct research for endorsers and sponsors both online and offline
· Contact relevant websites and bloggers to endorse and/or promote the campaign
· Assist in managing the media relations for the promotion of the game
· Assist in the management of the social media accounts and posting of material
· Assist in developing strategies to generate traffic on the social media accounts to ensure the success of the campaign
As internship descriptions cannot be exhaustive, the position holder may be required to undertake other duties that are broadly in line with the above key responsibilities.
Deadline for application: November 31 2013
Interested candidates should send CV and cover letter to: email@example.com