Duration: 6 to 8 months part time
Starting date: ASAP
About Mada: Mada is a non sectarian NGO established in Lebanon in year 2000 (www.mada.org.lb). Mada works with different groups in various developmental and environmental projects in Lebanon to facilitate dynamics of change based on endogenous and inclusive efforts as well as policies and regulations appropriate to local realities. Mada achieves this mission by:
· Supporting marginalized persons or groups and providing a space for initiatives carried by actors who have the potential for change
· Contributing to the establishment of relationships or effective partnerships between local actors and other stakeholders.
Through its activities, Mada tries to ensure long-term mobilization and to inspire new practices of leadership while contributing to the emergence of a culture of collective action and responsibility.
Mada’s activities are divided into three main axes:
Territorial approach: Since 2003, Mada acts as a local development agency on Hermel/Akkar/Dannieh, in close cooperation with municipalities and local communities, and has implemented several projects in socio-economic field, education, conservation, land use Planning and Ecotourism.
Platform: Since 2006, Mada supports independent initiatives by providing administrative and technical support via its platform.
Mada expertise: since 2008, Mada provides consultancy in various development and environmental fields in line with its mission and guiding principles
Mada is seeking a communication officer who will be in charge, under the supervision of Mada’s executive coordinator, of developing and managing Mada’s external and internal communications. This person will be contributing to the website; raising the understanding and awareness of Mada among partners, medias, Ngo’s and public. He/she will be working collaboratively with Mada’s team, and other stakeholders to ensure that Mada’s communication tools convey the importance and the impact of the work done.
The Communication officer shall perform the following functions:
· Coordinating Mada’s Website restructuration and redesign to make it more appealing with more consistency, interactivity, with a strong identity and ability to integrate web 2.0 tools.
The new website will reflect changes that had taken place at Mada and provide more relevant information about the projects and its members. The website should incorporate social media such as Facebook, Twitter and YouTube among others.
· Developing and reviewing suitable communication tools for the association
(Brochure, business card, power point presentation …)
· Developing suitable communication tools related to Mada’s membership system
· Relying on the use of the website and social media to mobilize volunteers.
· Designing a newsletter with updates on Mada’s activities, materials and publications produced by the association (English and Arabic)
· Producing the annual report based on information’s gathered from Mada’s staff
· Manage the projects pictures data base
· Carry out other tasks as assigned by Mada’s executive coordinator
· Attending regular coordination meetings
Education and knowledge
· Professional or university degree in Journalism, communication or related field.
· Excellent knowledge in writing, editing, proof-reading and designing communication documents for public dissemination.
· Experience in developing and implementing communications strategies
· Experience with web design program and development, preferably using open source technologies.
· Advanced computer skills, knowledge of Flash, HTLM5, CSS, Dreamweaver, Adobe Photoshop and CS6 will be a must.
· Fluently in English and Arabic, French is an advantage.
· Prior volunteerism and NGO experience is desirable
· Sense of organization
· Relational skills
· Interest and familiarity with NGO’s context
· Adaptability and flexibility – ability to work on several projects
· Commitment – respect of time limits
Please submit your CVs to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org