COORDINATOR for H&M “Let’s Talk” Campaign
COORDINATOR for H&M “Let’s Talk” Campaign
Within the context of the Youth related program in 2013 supported by UNFPA Lebanon, a national campaign (“Let’s Talk” Campaign) will continue to be implemented for the third year. The campaign – supported by H&M – will focus on promoting the well-being of young people with particular emphasis on creating demand, stimulating debate, and raising awareness on issues surrounding young people in Lebanon including HIV/AIDS.
Based on the above, UNFPA is partnering with local NGOs that will be entrusted to implement the various components of the “Let’s Talk” Campaign including advocacy and policy dialogue, building the capacity of youth, and supporting outreach through edutainment and peer to peer approach. The campaign will also include a comprehensive social media component as well as a study. As such a coordinator for the campaign will be recruited by UNFPA for 12 months (1 April, 2013 to 31 March, 2014). He/she is to coordinate the different components of the campaign – as well as other related activities – with the various partners and under the guidance of UNFPA. Specifically, the coordinator will carry out the following tasks:
Planning/ Implementation/ Monitoring of Activities
- Draft TORs for the various experts/NGOs involved in the campaign
- Ensure adequate support and assistance to the three NGOs in the organization and implementation of all related activities including events, training workshops, advocacy, sensitization meetings, etc.; and contribute to these events if and when needed
- Provide logistical support when needed
- Undertake regular field visits
- Assist in identifying, adapting, and contributing to the production of various campaign materials
- Share regular updates with the campaign’s steering committee and coordinate its meetings, including organizing the meetings, sending agenda and supporting documents, taking notes, contributing to writing minutes and sharing those with its members.
- Liaise with UNFPA on any emerging bottlenecks during implementation
- Prepare regular progress reports and contribute to various reporting mechanisms as requested by UNFPA
Sensitization, advocacy, and visibility activities
- Advocate among various stakeholders about youth related issues
- Coordinate with the social media strategist to ensure all components of the campaign are being covered within the agreed upon social media plan of action
- Review and provide comments when needed on reports pertaining to the campaign, as well as conduct relevant research on specific areas of interest when needed
- Coordinate with UNFPA to ensure proper visibility of the campaign through various media channels
- Document good practices and experiences in consultation with the partner NGOs for knowledge sharing purposes
- Contribute to the various visibility related tools and resources mainly UNFA’s website, newsletters, etc
- Support in the preparation and conceptualization for the celebration and marking of various events (International youth day, World AIDS day, etc)
- Ensure ongoing coordination with various partners, office staff for maximizing efficiency
- Represent UNFPA when and if requested
- Provide other support as required
- MA/MPH degree in Social Sciences, Public Health, or any related discipline
- 4-5 years of increasingly responsible experience in programme/project management in youth development with a focus on monitoring and coordination
- Team player, good communication skills, dedication to perform under stressful time constraints, and the capacity to communicate efficiently and coordinate with a number of partners
- Fluency and good speaking and writing skills in English and Arabic
- Excellent computer skills including word processing, PowerPoint, and internet browsing with particular emphasis on the use of social media
Candidates who meet the above required qualifications and are available to start as of April 1, 2013 may apply on line by submitting the following documents:
- Updated and comprehensive CV detailing their work experience that is relevant to the post requirements as indicated in the Terms of Reference.
- A motivational letter – no more than 2 pages – specifying the following:
- Why are you applying for this post?
- Do you have any experience related to these post requirements and/or similar ones?
- What do you believe you can bring in to this project?
- What are your main strengths and weaknesses in relation to this post?
The CV and motivational letter should be submitted to the following email address:
by no later than March 20, 2013
APPLICATIONS THAT DO NOT INCLUDE THE REQUIRED DOCUMENTATION DISQUALIFY FROM BEING SHORTLISTED