- Job Reference no.
- Middle East, Eastern Europe and CIS
- Position Type
- Fixed Term
- Job Type
- Closing date for applications
- 16 October 2012
JOB FAMILY: Programme
LEVEL: D1 National
OXFAM PURPOSE: To work with others to find lasting solutions to poverty and suffering.
TEAM PURPOSE: To work as part of the AMAL programme management team to effectively deliver the AMAL programme for maximum benefit for women in the Middle East and North Africa region.
JOB PURPOSE: To lead and support the development and implementation of effective and coordinated MEAL systems for the AMAL programme to support quality delivery as per Oxfam standards.
For more information about Oxfam’s work in the Middle East, please visit our website.
Oxfam has been working in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region for over five decades. Over the past four decades it has been promoting gender equality and supporting women’s right to participate and be represented in governance and decision-making structures and processes.
This focus is complementary to other areas of Oxfam’s work on women’s rights and to the broader goal of Oxfam to contribute to a ‘world without poverty.’ Oxfam is committed to supporting women, men and children, living in poverty, to claim their rights to sustainable livelihoods, to basic social services, to life and security, to be heard, and to an identity.
AMAL is a three-year multi-country programme to be implemented jointly by Oxfam GB, Oxfam Novib, Intermon Oxfam and partners. It is aimed to promote active participation and leadership of women in the MENA region, including the poorest and most marginalised women, in local, national and regional governance structures and decision-making processes. By doing so, the programme aims to ensure that they have a say in formulation and/or their needs and priorities are reflected in socio-economic policies and practice at all levels. The programme is set to be implemented in the OPTs, Morocco, Tunisia and Yemen.
- To develop programme MEAL systems in accordance with Oxfam standards
- To ensure relevant Oxfam team, partners, target groups and community capacity building and participation in MEAL
- To provide analysis and presentation of MEAL data
For more details, please read the attached job profile (below).
Skills and Competence
- Knowledge and experience of establishing and maintaining effective monitoring and evaluation systems for development projects
- Experience of gathering, analysing and presenting quantitative and qualitative data
- Proven ability to work effectively with others – strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent facilitation and training skills
- Good organisational skills including accuracy, consistency, attention to detail and patience
- Ability to show perseverance, tenacity and the ability to work under pressure
- A strong focus on results – sets goals, plans and prioritises effectively, monitors quality and progress of work against plans, establishes high level of performance and sets an example to others
- Demonstrable understanding of gender and rights based approaches to development
- Experience of using participatory approaches in development projects
- Able to communicate effectively in written and spoken English and Arabic
- Commitment to Oxfam’s values
- Previous experience with Oxfam
- Previous experience of working on projects related to women’s empowerment
- Ability to speak French
- Ability to travel extensively in the region
How to Apply
Applying for a job? Here is a guide to help you make the most out of the application process.
Vous souhaitez postuler à une offre d’emploi ? Ce guide vous aidera à maximiser vos chances. .