Sustainable Economic Opportunities for Women – Phase Two A regional initiative
Vacancy announcement for Policy Dialogue Coordinator Post
Immediate recruitment 1 year post- Full-time- With possibility of extension
In early 2011, CRTD.A launched the second phase of the Sustainable Economic Opportunities for Women initiative in Lebanon and three other Arab countries (Egypt, Jordan and Morocco).
This regional initiative aims at contributing to the setting up of local and regional monitoring of processes for the formulation of socio-economic policies and strategies as well as mobilizing and engaging civil society organizations and relevant social institutions to engage in policy dialogue on engendering socioeconomic policies and strategies. This is based on engagement in dialogue on women’s economic contribution, the enjoyment of economic rights and what constitutes a comprehensive definition for women’s work.
The initiative includes three inter-related strategies namely knowledge production and dissemination, capacity building and awareness raising as well as policy dialogue.
To date, the implementation of the project has advanced significantly with various research and capacity building activities taking place in addition to launching the project communication and social media tools.
Policy Dialogue Coordinator Post
CRTD.A is seeking to recruit a Policy Dialogue Coordinator to undertake the following:
● Engage positively and constructively with the project partners in Lebanon and in the region
● Organise local and regional activities
● Develop papers, documents, briefs and research reports
● Operate and populate the project blog and other communication and social media tool
● Support the project team and external consultants and consultants
● Write up monthly progress and narrative reports
► Key Competencies
● University degree in social sciences or related field especially economy and/or public policy
● Good knowledge of gender equality and gender analytical frameworks (with emphasis on institutional analysis)
● Demonstrable experience in policy dialogue
At least 3 years of experience in a policy and/or research and/or advocacy related field and preferably within the NGOs sector
Expertise and skills:
● Understanding of gender and economy issues in the Arab region
● Familiarity with and understanding of policy dialogue processes
● Understanding of issues related to gender and public policy in the Arab region
● Ability to provide training in policy dialogue
● Able to work independently and as part of a team
● Demonstrates good judgment and effective decision making skills
Languages: Excellent knowledge of English and Arabic. French is a plus.
Interpersonal skills, ethos and values:
● Commitment to work ethics and to adhering to CRTD.A work policies
● High sense of responsibility and engagement
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills
● Commitment to gender equality and social justice
● Ability to meet multiple deadline
● Willing to learn
● Ability to work smoothly and successfully with groups with multiple interests, objectives and perspectives
● Willing to travel within the region
Interested candidates should send a CV, three references and a letter of motivation to email@example.com.
Deadline for application: 1 June 2012
Applications will be processed on a rolling basis.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
No phone calls please.