Job vacancy- Program Manager for the Lebanese League for Women in Business (LLWB)
Reporting line: President of the association
– Develop and Execute the LLWB action plan
– Plan, manage and Implement events
– Manage the database of members and LLWB contacts
– Update and Maintain the website
– Leads proposals and concept papers
– Responsible for the administration of the organization
– Manage the budget
– Search for funding opportunities
– Handle the PR of the association
– Proven, successful work experience in a program management role that includes a breadth of activities in event planning and management, communications, financial and narrative reporting
– Proficiency in English – written and verbal – and ability to produce required reports in English
– Demonstrated ability to execute work-related tasks in an effective and timely fashion
– Strong organizational skills, detail-oriented
– Effective communicator with both team members and external constituents
– Outgoing professional individual in one-on-one and large group settings
– Productive and confident team member who can effectively represent the association
– Strong competencies in basic office technologies: word processing, spreadsheets, presentations, email, and internet; comfortable with online forums, new media
– Ability to travel to meetings, as needed
Job Vacancy – Advocacy Trainer- Oxfam GB
Oxfam GB is implementing a programme on social protection for widows in Iraq. The overall goal of the programme is to contribute to the most vulnerable population in Iraq – in particular widows – being protected through promotion of an equitable social protection system.
The programme focused on empowering widows through awareness and direct legal support, enhancing coordination among NGOs working on women’s access to welfare assistance;
building capacity for relevant departments at the governorate of Baghdad in charge of widows’ application, and advocacy and lobbying for gender sensitive social protection system in Iraq.
Oxfam GB is looking for a competent consultant to facilitate and train local partners in Iraq during a learning review of Social Protection Programme of Widows in Iraq.
Date of consultancy: from 6 until 9 June 2012.
Location: Beirut – Lebanon
Purpose of the consultancy:
Strengthening advocacy efforts for Oxfam GB partners on social protection and enhance engagement of different stakeholders in Iraq.
The consultancy scope will focus on the following:
1- Facilitate 2 days internal learning review on project implementation and lessons learnt. (6-7 June 2012)
2- Facilitate discussions during 2 days strategic meeting engaging different stakeholders, and guide participants towards developing national advocacy strategy. (8-9 June 2012) Detailed TOR will be shared with the selected consultant
Qualifications and Requirements:
– Fluency in Arabic and English as appropriate and a high standard of written presentations
– University degree, preferably in international relations, political science
– Specialized expertise in area of policy and advocacy
– Proven experience in facilitation and conducting participatory training
– Experience working in a multi-country context, particularly as related to social protection or/and gender equality programmes
– Knowledge of Iraq context is an advantage.
Interested candidates should send a CV, three references and a letter of motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for application in 20 May 2012
Only short listed candidates will be contacted
Job Vacancy -Civil Society Program Specialist at Promoting Active Citizen Engagement (PACE)
Promoting Active Citizen Engagement (PACE), a three-year program funded by USAID/Lebanon, seeks to trengthen civil society capacity to act as a catalyst for change through civic advocacy and participation. Through grants and technical assistance, the program partners with Lebanese civil society organizations across the country to support civic engagement, media activities, social entrepreneurship, and capacity building. PACE is recruiting a Civil Society Program Specialist to join its technical team. Applications will be accepted until May 17, but will be reviewed as they are received. Interested applicants are therefore encouraged to submit an application as soon as possible.
Position: Civil Society Program Specialist
· Proactively identify and conceptualize potential civil society activities that advance program objectives, including civic activism, advocacy, social entrepreneurship, and capacity-building grants
· Play a key role in soliciting and awarding grants in close coordination with the program team
· Analyze and evaluate grant applications and proposals to ensure consistency with program objectives and relevance to local context
· Provide technical oversight of a portfolio of grants and ongoing mentorship, guidance, and support to Grantees throughout the grant cycle, from initial design to closeout
· Manage implementation of all grants within assigned portfolio, maintaining continuous communications with grantees to remain up-to-date on their activities, progress, and plans
· Assist grantees in developing performance monitoring plans to assess the results and impact of their grantfunded activities
· Conduct capacity assessments of grantees and contribute to developing capacity-building approaches and
activities to address identified gaps
· Conduct regular site visits and attend grantee-sponsored events and activities
· Identify and seize opportunities to promote civil society networking, partnerships, and coalition-building
· Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in social sciences, international development, or a related field
· At least 3 years of experience in civil society, community development, project management, or a related
· Field experience with local and/or international NGOs
· Up-to-date understanding and knowledge of political and social conditions in Lebanon
· Prior experience with and/or good understanding of donor organizations active in Lebanon, particularly
· Fluency in Arabic and English (written and verbal)
· Ability and willingness to conduct site visits throughout the country on a regular basis
Program Summary: Promoting Active Citizen Engagement (PACE), a three-year program funded by
USAID/Lebanon, seeks to strengthen civil society capacity to act as a catalyst for change through civic advocacy and participation. Through grants and technical assistance, the program partners with Lebanese civil society organizations across the country to support civic engagement, media activities, social entrepreneurship, and capacity building. PACE is recruiting a Civil Society Program Specialist to join its technical team. Applications will be accepted until May 17, but will be reviewed as they are received. Interested applicants are therefore encouraged to submit an application as soon as possible.
Company Profile: Management Systems International (MSI) is a global international development firm based in
Washington, D.C. providing specialized short- and long-term technical assistance. The firm has specific expertise
in the fields of civil society strengthening and democracy and governance. Over the last 10 years, MSI has conducted 11 short- and long-term projects in Lebanon. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at
http://www.msiworldwide.com. To apply, please send your resume, cover letter, and biodata form to rsakkab@msilebanon. com as soon as possible. Applications will be reviewed as they are received and only finalists will be contacted. No phone calls please.
NOTE: Due to the urgent nature of this position, applications will be reviewed as and when received
Period: Three years
Salary: Based on experience and salary history
Interested applicants are requested to submit a filled biodata sheet that can be found on: www.usaid.gov/forms/AID1420-17.doc