Job Vacancy 1: Senior Consultant needed for ABAAD in Lebanon
Title: Senior Consultant
Program: “Non-Discrimination and Reinforcement of Women Peace and Security Agenda in the MENA Region” – Lebanon National Consultations
Duration: Short Term Consultancy – Approx. 3 months (April – June 2012)
ABAAD – Resource Center for Gender Equality and Women’s League for International Peace and Freedom (WILPF) are seeking a Senior Consultant to lead the national consultations pertaining to Lebanon’s women peace and security agenda. More specifically, to identify and/map women’s issues and concerns that relates to the policy of UNSCR 1325.
The overall goal of the national consultation is to advance women’s rights and women’s participation in peace and security issues. The objective is to advance women’s rights by identifying the challenges and opportunities for women’s participation in matters relating to peace and security Lebanon.
The consultation will be organized in partnership with relevant UN Agencies, research institutes and NGOs and is coordinated by Women’s International League for Peace and Freedom, supported by UNFPA, UNDP, Cairo Institute for Human Rights Studies (CIHRS), International Commission of Jurists, Kvinna till Kvinna, International Action Network on Small Arms (IANSA) Women’s Network, Geneva Institute for Human Rights (GIHR), Geneva Graduate Institute, Geneva Center for Security Policy (GCSP), Women In International Security (WIIS), Geneva Centre for the Democratic Control of Armed Forces (DCAF), Friedrich-Ebert-Stiftung (FES);
for more information do check the attached form abaad senior consultant
Job Vacancy 2: HR/Administrator/Logistic Assistant with OXFAM
DEPARTMENT: Lebanon Programme, MEECIS Region
SALARY: E1 – 900 – 1000 US$ per month (depending on qualifications) and other government benefits
OXFAM PURPOSE: To work with others to overcome poverty and suffering.
TEAM PURPOSE: To implement Oxfam’s strategic and operational priorities within Lebanon Program. To support and to contribute to the development of Oxfam GB Programme in line with the Regional Business Plan.
JOB PURPOSE: To perform administrative tasks to support delivery of a discrete work area within a unit or department, enabling those supported to be more effective; to perform support tasks to progress human resources functions to enhance the organisation’s performance through our people.
Lebanon Staff reporting to this post: Driver/ Cleaning Lady
● Planning staff recruitment, including preparation of and publication of job announcements online and in other media, setting up interview schedules; long and short-listing, preparing interview questions and test materials
● Member of recruitment panel
● To make sure induction for newly recruited staff is arranged and followed up
● Responsible for maintenance of HR Management Information database (HRMIS) and production of monthly management reports
● Responsible for setting up and maintaining personnel files, including monitoring of probationary periods, absence records, contracts, annual leave records etc.
● Service contract management
● Responsible for preparation of monthly payroll, calculation of additional benefits, end of contract payments etc.
● Responsible for monitoring changes in employment law
● Leading in the preparation of regular Salary and Benefits surveys and pay and benefits related business cases for approval by Oxfam HQ in Oxford
● Responsible for Health and Safety for the programme
● Responsibe for identifying Learning and Development needs and sourcing L&D opportunities for Oxfam Lebanon staff members
● Daily management of petty cash, and invoices
● Visitors’ liaison, general enquiries, visitors to the programme, including accommodation, visa arrangements, external travel arrangements etc.
● Focal person for coordination of complex and large-scale events such as workshops, conferences etc.
● Medical Database administration and claim management
● Accompany programme staff during the field visits to support in organisational activities
● Providing advice to colleagues and partners on relevant OGB policies as required
● Payment of all regular bills including phones, rents, contractors
● Prepare a list of partners and contact details for Oxfam
● Keep log phone book
● Communicating to all on office close due to public holidays
● Report on critical IT issues
● Communicate and support the IT with the recruited IT company and IT team of Oxfam
● Ensure regular maintenance and check up of the IT equipment
● Line manager to Driver
● Responible for procurement planning, sourcing, transportation, inventory management and various reporting
● Enforce Oxfam GB minimum standards in supply chain management providing advice to colleagues and partners as appropriate
● Act as emergency driver in the case of the absence of the driver
● University or higher Diploma in related field
● At least three years experiences in admin/logistics and HR with national or international NGOs
● Experience in managing petty cash
● Strong computer usage including typing in Arabic and English
● Fluent in English
● Computer literacy
● Basic knowledge of IT simple tasks
● Driving licences
● Communication skills
● Proactive and result oriented,
● Ability to work with and support the team
● Gender awareness
● Able to handle multi-tasks at the same time
CVs to be sent to: Cmokdad@Oxfam.org.uk Job Vacancy 3: Marketing & Fundraising Assistant at the Cenacle de la Lumiere in Lebanon
As the marketing and fundraising assistant you will play a central role in the growth of CDLL’s mission. By developing and implementing innovative and effective marketing and fundraising strategies in line with the image values and beliefs of the NGO; you will raise the profile of CDLL with its different audiences and mobilize support to the cause securing the yearly budget.
– Assist in developing and implementing a yearly fundraising and marketing strategy and operational plans in coordination with the MFC.
– Support in identifying, researching, and exploring potential fundraising sources locally and internationally
– Keep up to date on latest developments in fundraising and marketing opportunities and activities of the NGOs environment
– Write letters of inquiry, concept notes and fill applications as necessary
– Develop and implement communication plans
– Assist and follow up the development and production of CDLL marketing and fundraising materials
– Maintain & update CDLL website and social media channels
– Support in the planning and implementation of events, campaigns and appeals
– Assist PR efforts and other tasks as requested by MFC
– Work constructively and creatively with colleagues to achieve marketing and fundraising objectives
– Carry out administrative and reporting responsibilities
– Ensure that the ethical and professional standards and practice are met, more info via this link Job Vacancy 4 : Finance Manager needed for immediate start at the British Council Lebanon
Type of Job: Full time
Basic salary LBP 2,126,667 + daily transportation LBP 8,000
Qualifications, skills and experience:
A diploma or a first degree in Finance
Excellent proven financial skills
Excellent English and Arabic
Customer Care orientation
Excellent Communication skills
IT Literacy skills
Ability to work independently and under pressure to achieve targets
The closing date for applications is Monday 9 April 2012. Please read the role profile carefully, check definitions of the behaviours and generic skills, and complete the application form using the ‘Guidance notes for completing application form section’ for assistance (This is found in the application form). Completed applications should be emailed to: Job.Vacancy@lb.britishcouncil.org specifying the job title in the subject line. No applications will be accepted after the closing date, and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
For enquiries please call + 961 1 428900
The British Council is committed to a policy of equal opportunity.