The 2012 TechWomen Application is Now
The TechWomen initiative will identify approximately 42 women who are emerging leaders in technology sectors for a five-week program, including project-based mentorships at leading companies in California, workshops, networking events, a conference, and meetings in Washington, D.C.
Participants will be women engaged or rising in professional careers that require significant expertise/knowledge of technology and/or innovative application of these skills, and who already are – or show promise of being – role models for others in their countries, particularly for women. “Technology” should be interpreted broadly to include – but not be limited to – the fields of science, education, and business.
An applicant must:
- Be a woman with a minimum of two years full-time professional experience in technology sectors and/or a career requiring significant expertise/knowledge of technology and/or innovative application of these skills
- Have, at minimum, a university degree
- Be proficient in written and spoken English
- Demonstrate a willingness to participate in exchange programs, welcome opportunities for mentoring and new partnership development, and exhibit confidence and maturity
- Be citizens or permanent residents of Algeria, Egypt, Jordan, Lebanon, Morocco, the Palestinian Territories, Tunisia or Yemen at the time of application, and while participating in the program
- Not have applied for an immigrant visa to the United States, or participated in a visa lottery in the past five years
- Be able to obtain a U.S. visa
- Not hold U.S. Citizenship or be a U.S. legal permanent resident
Preference will be given to applicants who:
- Have demonstrated themselves as emerging leaders in technology
- Have an advanced degree, especially in a technical field
- Have limited or no prior experience in the United States
- Have a record of voluntary or public service in their communities
Deadline For Submission: February 15, 2012
The deadline for submitting TechWomen applications is 23:59 Cairo time, February 15, 2012. Finalists will be contacted via email for in-country interviews in March, April and May 2012. All applicants will be notified of the results of their applications; final decisions will be made in June 2012.
If you have questions about the program, or the application process, please contact us at email@example.com or Tel: +1-415-362-6520 (Ext. 257) Fax: +1-415-392-4667.