I am happy, AWID , The Association for Women’s Rights in Development ” an international, feminist, membership organization committed to achieving gender equality, sustainable development and women’s human rights” , published my profile on their member page;
I loved the fact that they highlighted my committment with Faith and Light!
As to know more about AWID, the members of the network come from “more than 130 countries and are researchers, academics, students, educators, activists, business people, policy-makers, development practitioners, funders, and more”.
Their hope is to achieve, while collaborating with diverse partners and allies, :
- “Stronger, better-resourced and more effective women’s organizations and movements advancing women’s rights and gender equality worldwide.
- Renewal and expansion of the agendas of women’s movements internationally through infusion of ambitious, creative and future oriented ideas and issues, and stronger interconnections, alliances and partnerships among diverse expressions of women’s organizing across regions and sectors.
- Stronger alliances between women’s rights movements and other social movements to advance agendas in pursuit of human rights for all.
- Shifts in donor and development policy and practices for a greater financial and political commitment to gender equality and women’s rights, including women’s organizations.
- Greater inclusion of women’s rights activists and organizations in key development policy spaces internationally (both in terms of presence and effective voice in influencing these spaces to advance gender equality).
- More visible, vocal and engaged young women in women’s organizations and movements with young women’s work clearly supported and highlighted, including across all AWID initiatives.
- A more politically engaged and expanded AWID membership that includes increased representation from underrepresented regions or sectors.”
as for the numerous initiatives of AWID, I encourage you to go through the page: http://www.awid.org/Our-Initiatives;