THE LEBANESE EMIGRATION RESEARCH CENTER (LERC)
NOTRE DAME UNIVERSITY-LOUAIZÉ
currently has openings for the following full-time paid position: Office Coordinator/Project Manager/Research Assistant
FULL-TIME PAID POST
Office Coordinator/Project Manager/Research Assistant
1) Office Coordinator: handles all office documents, visitors and various matters; assists in program planning and development; composes correspondence and reports; handles delicate situations; assists in devising contracts and grant proposals; prepares other campus administrative and financial forms; coordinates seminars, conferences and meetings; receives visitors.
2) Research Assistant: Under general direction, performs research activities as directed by the Director and the research investigators; sets-up and manages a group of interns and volunteers, assists with research projects and performs independent research; receives and assists scholars and Ph.D. and MA candidates in their research, contacts and accommodation, and performs various managerial and media duties.
3) Project Manager: The role of the Project Manager is to plan, execute, and finalize projects according to strict deadlines and within budget. This includes acquiring resources and coordinating the efforts of team members and third-party contractors or consultants in order to deliver projects according to plan. Liaise with project stakeholders on an ongoing basis. Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the project team. Plan and schedule project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools. Track project milestones and deliverables. Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and presentations. Manage field surveyors and research assistants.
Job Requirements and Skills:
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
– 4-year college degree in sociology, political science, migration studies or related field.
– One-to-two years of extensive experience in research, preferably in migration.
– Demonstrated success in assisting in data gathering, literature review, media review and the like.
– Strong skills in writing press releases and media articles and in interviewing experts and the like.
– Strong executive-level coordination skills including coordinating research projects, and contacting stakeholders and interest groups.
– Demonstrated experience in drafting reports, brochures, pamphlets, and contracts.
– Demonstrated skill in using personal computers and a wide variety of software packages for word processing, spreadsheets, database processing, presentations and calendaring (e.g. Microsoft Office suite). Knowledge of e-mail systems and Internet.
– Demonstrated analytical skills.
– Demonstrated proficiency in Arabic, French and English languages.
– Ability to gather data, to compile information, and to prepare reports.
– Ability to problem-solve independently and to work well as a team member.
– Excellent telephone manners.
– Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
– Ability to take initiative and to carry on projects to fruition.
– Willingness to learn new techniques and technologies.
* Interested candidates should send their Curriculum Vitae (c.v.) to Director Guita Hourani at email@example.com and copy firstname.lastname@example.org. Only those who fit the profile needed will be contacted for an interview.