KAFA (enough) Violence & Exploitation is a Lebanese non-profit civil organization working towards eradicating all forms of gender-based violence and exploitation of women and children through advocating for legal reform and change of policies and practices, influencing public opinion, and empowering women and children.
Since more than two years, KAFA started to work on engaging men in ending violence against women, in partnership with OXFAM GB. This initiative proved to be a successful approach in getting men to be involved in defending the human rights of women. This joint program is gaining more and more credibility, and recently got the approval of the EU on a 3 years project.
KAFA is now seeking to recruit a “Program Coordinator” for the project: Strategies and Approaches of Working with Men and Boys to end Violence against Women, to work on a full-time basis and to be committed to KAFA’s principles.
Key tasks and responsibilities
● Implementation and monitoring of KAFA’s three-year programme on: strategies and approaches of working with men and boys to end violence funded by EC
● Programme budget monitoring; check that the expenditures are in line with EC and partner financial requirements and ensure following all EC procedures in procurement of services and materials
● Prepare annual action plan and budget of the programme, prepare TORs and contracts for trainers and other service providers
● Prepare monthly and quarterly reports on programme progress and prepare the annual programme report to be submitted to Oxfam GB
● Arrange for with the partner the Steering Committee meeting and widely share meetings’ minutes with members and various stakeholders
● Lead on and support the programme campaign components
● Contribute to the support of men’s forum and initiate understanding and support to the forum at community level,
● Develop monitoring indicators and ensure learning and changes are captured along the programme cycle
● Seek advice as needed from KAFA Director, Oxfam GB as the partner
● Follow up on all related media products including initiating and documenting using audio visuals to reflect on successes
● Working with the project team to initiate electronic newsletter on the men�s forum as well as the white ribbon campaign in Lebanon
● Maintain proper filing system and draft correspondence to partners
● Liaise with Oxfam GB launching annual audits of the programme, Oxfam monitoring visits and missions to the programme
● Manage and support the Project Assistant
● Carry other tasks to ensure programme quality and timely delivery
● University Degree in Business Administration, Social Sciences, or related fields
● At least four years of work experience in the field of NGO project management and grant management
● thorough knowledge and experience in LFA, Reporting, Monitoring and Evaluation skills
● An understanding of and experience in working in the development and humanitarian sectors, with extensive knowledge of gender and diversity issues
● Demonstrated capacity of social and communication, negotiation and facilitation skills
● Aability to work with others and as a part of the team, and ability to work under stress
● Excellent communication, negotiation and facilitation skills
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and Arabic
● Computer competences
● Ability to travel
Interested candidates are invited to submit their application no later than 10 April 2011. Please e-mail a motivation letter, a detailed CV + 3 references to email@example.com.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
No phone calls please.