Dears. please Find below a call for immediate recruitment by CRTDA:
Gender Audit Consultant
Immediate Short-term Recruitment
CRTD.A has launched last year the Regional Economic Empowerment Programme (REEWP, funded by CIDA and Oxfam-Quebec). The programme combines components including knowledge research and dissemination, counselling services, starting up and/or consolidating women economic initiatives, advocacy, and policy work to support women’s economic empowerment at the grassroots level as well as contributing to strengthening women’s position at the level of social and public institutions.
Within the framework of the REEWP project, CRTD.A is offering a short-term consultancy for an expert to undertake a “gender audit” of an institution involved in women’s economic rights and participation.
The main objective of the gender audit is to promote learning and policy dialogue on how to effectively implement gender mainstreaming in the policies, programmes, activities and public structures which impact, influence and shape women’s economic rights, empowerment and participation.
● Literature review of pertinent documents
● Develop indicators
● Design tools for data collection
● Undertake data collection
● Interview key informants
● Analyze findings
● Draft gender audit report
● Finalize report based on feedback from CRTD.A /REEWP
● University degree in social sciences or equivalent
● Demonstrable experience in qualitative and action oriented research
● Specific experience in gender audits
● Demonstrable conceptual, analytical and practical knowledge of gender and development and gender analysis
● Strong command of and excellent writing skills in English and Arabic
● French is a plus
● At least 5 years of experience in similar contexts
● Demonstrable commitment to gender equality and social justice
The assignment is being offered starting 14 February 2011 and until April 2011
Interested candidates should send their CVs + motivation letter + 3 references to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No phone calls please.