for Web Development
On January 2010, CRTD.A launched the Regional Economic Empowerment Programme (REEWP) which is funded by Canadian CIDA and Oxfam Quebec. The four year programme is rooted in CRTD.A’s gender and economic rights programme. Within the four-year span of the programme, CRTD.A will be developing three inter-related REEWP components namely direct support and capacity building to rural women cooperatives and production units, research and knowledge as well as policy dialogue.
As part of the knowledge component, CRTD.A plans to set up a knowledge website on Women’s Economic Rights. Within this framework, CRTD.A is seeking to commission the construction and development of the website to an external short-term consultant.
Key responsibilities and tasks include:
- Assess and select the appropriate technical platform, virtual server and all other technical related aspects for the construction of the website
- Develop various designs and scenarios for the website
- Undertake the full construction of the website
- Organise and provide a training to CRTD.A staff in order to enable internal uploading, downloading and updating of the portal
- Knowledge of Drupal, Joomla, WordPress, and PHP generally, plus Convio, Salesforce, DIA, BSD, or similar CMS/CRM platforms
- Web 2.0 experiences
- Working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop/Illustrator
- Flash development skills preferred
- Knowledge of website design and online engagement best practices
- General understanding in the areas of CRM and CMS application, programming, database and system design
- Excellent knowledge of Internet, Intranet, Extranet, and client/server architectures
- Demonstrated strong technical and problem-solving skills for finding out-of-the-box solutions when necessary
- Bachelor degree in Computer Sciences or MIS from a recognized university
- Demonstrable prior experience in designing and constructing websites/portals
- Commitment to gender equality and social justice
- Ability to work within a team
- Strong time management skills when juggling multiple and demanding tasks
- Ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities and organize workload
- Ability to perform effectively under pressure and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Previous nonprofit organization experience is recommended
This call is open to companies and/or individuals. The contractual agreement will include the design, construction, and training. A separate agreement for the web maintenance may be included.
Applicants should send a letter of interest along with their portfolio and track record of experience.
Deadline for submission is November 5, 2010.