KAFA (enough) Violence and Exploitation
Full-time Campaign and Multimedia officer
Within the frame of the program of “Engaging Men and Boys in ending violence against women”, KAFA (enough) Violence and Exploitation is seeking to employ a campaign and multimedia officer to join the team working on preparations for “White Ribbon Campaign 2010: Men standing to endorse the Family Violence Law in Lebanon”* as per below terms of reference:
Main Responsibilities include:
· To develop and implement an integrated media strategy for the White Ribbon Campaign
· Deliver high quality local, national (and in some instances international) media coverage for the White Ribbon Campaign by researching stories, writing and placing stories, writing press releases, media briefings.
· Responsible for delivering accurate, timely and compelling information and stories that illustrate and raise the profile of White Ribbon Campaign
· Write & produce content – for the website and external media outlets such as Facebook sub-pages, e-actions, emails, and web pages.
· To monitor and to evaluate media coverage generated and to draw lessons to improve coverage.
· To build and maintain excellent relationships with key media players, journalists and broadcasters in Lebanon and regionally and internationally.
· To develop and regularly maintain a national database of media contacts.
· To stay up to date with the latest thinking on how to improve effectiveness of media and communication approaches and impact, including the development and effective utilization of digital media opportunities.
· To coordinate the production of IEC materials related to the campaign: billboard-posters-pamphlets-newsletter-song…etc
· To document coordination meetings with key allies and partners and write up of MOMs.
· To assist partners in organizing and implementing activities within the frame of the campaign (universities, NGOs, SDCs,…etc)
· University degree in journalism or related field;
· Excellent writing and communication skills in Arabic and English;
· French is a plus;
· Considerable experience of working with or in the media.
· Knowledge of local, national and international media (including press, internet, print) and a track record of success and achievement in media work.
· Strong knowledge of the digital media space including emerging technologies and understanding of digital media tools and demonstrated success of implementing digital media work
· Proven communication skills:
o Written – able to write for different audiences and experience of editing newsletters and
o Verbal – excellent interpersonal and presentations skills
· Experience with online communities and social networking and strong ability to use and create content for social networking and web based applications
· Proven ability to create functional and user-friendly communication mediums (eg. Websites, audio/video, DVD’s, print etc)
· Proven conceptual and creative thinking skills to develop engaging communications that deliver on campaign objectives
· Attention to detail and ability to prioritize tasks to meet tight deadlines
· Ability to gather information, collate and systemize for effective communication
· Proven analytical skills to ensure proper monitoring, evaluation and learning
· Good project management skills
· Excellent interpersonal skills
· Good facilitation, influencing and persuasive skills, with ability to build strong, credible relationships and to communicate and transfer information to a variety of audiences
· Team-work skills.
The position is offered on a full time basis starting immediately over a period of 4 months (might be renewable).
Interested candidates should send a CV and a motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org specifying “campaign and multimedia officer vacancy” in the subject line by September 22, 2010 latest.
* This campaign is funded by UN TRUST FUND and International Medical corps